Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods:
I have been loving this weather!!! We finally have been getting some rain.. 4 inches this past Saturday. I could even read my book on the front porch this morning.

Things that make me happy:
Spending time with my family
Reminiscing about the past
Looking through old photographs
( Same here Sandra)

Book I'm reading:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I am still doing my quiet time through 1 John.

What's on my TV today:
I wanted to watch Flicka today, but haven't watched it yet. I have been getting the laundry somewhat accomplished.

On the menu for dinner:
My husband famous ( famous to us and some extended family members) turkey lasagna with butter nut squash as a layer and swiss cheese as one of the other cheeses. THE BEST! The best part is my husband is making it tonight, and I get a break.

On my To Do List:
Keep on with the Laundry!!! Finish my room!!! It has seen better days!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
A few new slow cooker recipes.

In the craft basket:
Finishing my blanket for my goddaughter and for my sister in Germany's new baby coming next month. I just have to be in the mood to crochet. I haven't been lately.

Looking forward to this week:
STAYING PRODUCTIVE!


Tips and Tricks:
Eat more butternut squash.. healthy for you and yummy!

My favorite blog post this week:
I just love looking through new photographer blogs

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Worshiping at our awesome church!

My hubby making good use of the backyard for our sons.

Lesson learned the past few days:
That you need to unplug from the online world, from telephones and craziness and just spend some time with our family.
( I am learning to do more of this, that matters so much more!)

On my mind:
Potential job for my husband
Trying to make my house my haven

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
And this message which we have heard from Him and now are reporting to you. God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all. 1 John 1:5

No comments: