Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods:

Nice in the morning and of course HOT in the afternoon all the way till at least 9pm or so. Jealous? =)hehe


Things that make me happy:

Getting really good time with my boys today at the library.
I got 5 almost new board games at a garage sale this past weekend for only 6 dollars. Score!

Book I'm reading:
I am finishing up my book that I had put down and now picked back up, Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman. It has been so helpful and makes me even more grateful for my boys!

What's on my TV today:
I got a few episodes of Little House on the Prairie from a garage sale. I want to watch those with my boys.

On the menu for dinner:

Homemade pizza's on hoagie rolls made by my hubby with my boys help.

On my To Do List:
A million things.. but the most important thing today was spending some good one on one time with my boys.. that consisted of no tv and computer. We had fun, and their cup was full and no bad behavior. It makes a difference.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I did try the July 4th Flag cake. I was pretty proud of myself. I learned from my mistakes, but that was a big deal for me to do. I hadn't made a layered cake ever before. My family loved it!!!


In the craft basket:
I finished one of my blankets and finally sent it to my sisko (sister in Finnish) to Finland for her new baby girl. She was our foreign exchange student from Finland my senior year.


Looking forward to this week:
Spending my time with my kids and my husband more wisely, be more productive, getting to bed at a better time, and spending time with God the FIRST thing I do in the morning.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
Also starting to do some photo sessions again. I am feeling creative again, and sure love being in my element.

Tips and Tricks:
I used leftover turkey spaghetti sauce to go on our pizza bed along with some turkey pepperoni and cheese. Yum, the kids liked it!

My favorite blog post this week:

Not to brag, but I would have to say my latest one.
I am doing this new thing. I am writing/blogging a 1000 things that I am grateful for. It has helped me and put things into better perspective!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Don't have one this week.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

My sweet goddaughter and her brothers.
(Picture borrowed from my best friend/their mom.)

Lesson learned the past few days:

Put God first daily and the rest will fail into place.
I have learned that the Smith family hasn't been going through challenges, as people might see it on the outside, I see it as learning experiences, and a new season that is before us.

On my mind:
The right job that God has for the Smith family.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20
Once again Sandra.. love this one!

No comments: