Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Hot Hot Hot!! Quite windy as well. We have a small chance of rain today. Praying!

Things that make me happy:
**When my curly hair actually looks right. It is a daily battle. I am not complaining. I learned when my dad shaved my moms head after going through chemo years ago, that I have nothing to complain about and to be grateful!
**Spending time with my goddaughter, Alyse last weekend. She has special needs and I finally got a chance to learn how to communicate with her more and have precious quality time with her.

Book I'm reading:

Bible
Beth Moore So Long Insecurity
Made to Crave
(I have many that I would like to read this summer and a whole lot less lame tv watching)
I have some yummy Mary Higgins Clark books that I got either for free or for a quarter at some yard sales that I want to read as well.)

What's on my TV today:
I watched Coming Home today on Lifetime. Big Tears!

On the menu for dinner:
One of our families favorite, turkey spaghetti with whole wheat noodles.

On my To Do List:

Refill my grandmothers meds, get more supplies for her that she needs.
Keep up with the laundry that I finally got a hold of.
Printing out coupons and planning for our big grocery shopping trip on Tuesday.
Spend some more one on one time with my oldest son~!


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Need to find one!


In the craft basket:




I am almost finished with this blanket for my Finnish sister, Henni. She was our 1st exchange student when I was a senior in high school. This is for her 3rd child, her first girl! I love this color purple!

Looking forward to this week:
Spending more one on one time with my Savior! Focusing on Psalm 103 this week!
Our continual care of my grandmother. We became her new caretakers last week. It was a calling that the Lord put on my husband's heart. It doesn't feel like a job, it is a honor, just like when I took care of my mom in her last days. My grandma is on hospice living with Alzheimer's. We are praying Jesus takes her soon, but in the mean while, I want to be there for her and make her comfortable and at peace. She tends to respond to me some when I sing to her. She also likes when my boys sit next to her and be real sweet.


Tips and Tricks:

I have to puree all my grandmothers food 3 times a day. I tend to have leftovers when I make too much or make more for later. If I use it for another meal then I will just put in a bowl and put it in the fridge for later. If not then I pour it into my ice trays to freeze for later use. It was a great tip from my step mom. Thanks Dia!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
I took a few pictures after it rained for the first time in 6 months. This is one of my favorites. Praying for more rain!

Lesson learned the past few days:
I have learned even more about my hubby these past few days. We are tag teaming taking care of my grandmother. He has the most amazing patient care, and I enjoy seeing how sweet he is to her and so gentle. It is hard work, but worth every bit of it.


On my mind:

My husband starting school again for the first time since the military.
Summer begins for my boys.
Getting on a better sleeping schedule.
Loving on my boys even more!
Staying organized!
Praying for a family friend, Julian Jackson left for Afghanistan 2 weeks ago, I believe for his 4th tour. I have known him since he was so young. He has come so far and will continue to go far! Prayers for his wife Brenda and sweet Genvieve and all his extended family. He has been blessed to been home for the past 3 years, so this will even be harder. We are thankful for his service and all of our troops!

Julian is being silly here.. like always! (Picture borrowed from his wife's fb page.)

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:1-5

No comments: