Monday, July 12, 2010

Marriage Challenge #4 Do You Admire your husband?



This weeks Marriage challenge is: Admire Your Husband over at Women Living Well blog. If you are a blogger write a post all about your husband and what you admire in him and then show it to him! He will smile!

Showing it to him is so important. You may THINK he already knows the things you admire about him - but I'm afraid we don't tell our husbands often enough how much we do.

Wouldn't you love it if he did this for you? Luke 6:31 says "Do to others as you would have them do to you." So here's your chance to selflessly gush about your man!

1. He prays for me, his spouse often.

2. He is very intelligent. I admire him for how smart he is and even when I am feeling dumb in a certain situation for something I might of said in a small setting or public setting, He still makes me feel loved regardless.

3. He is very encouraging and always notices when I am down or not myself. I will even try to cover it with a smile because I tired of being down. He knows me too well and I do not need to cover up anything I am feeling, I can let down my hair and express whatever I am feeling.

3.We are starting a marriage book together at night now and taking turns reading it. I am so thankful that he is willing and wants to do that with me. Our Marriage is worth it for sure!

4. The best chef ever!! He doesn't use a recipe and just makes stuff up as he goes. The best food and always something new. I have learned so much for him in my own cooking, and trying to push out of my own box in experimenting with cooking.

5. I feel protected when I am around him where ever we are, at home or out in about. Come on, is anyone going to mess with my man?

6. I love how he is with our boys. They do so well with him, and he always knows how to talk with them, and they usually respond so well. For example, I love seeing him do flash cards with our son who is speech delayed. He has a lot of patience and gets him to do stuff that I only aspire too do with AJ.


7. He can usually fix anything and if he can't he usually finds a way to figure it out!

8. He is quick witted and hilarious! He makes me laugh all the time. His perspective on life and happenings crack me up! My favorite was how he always made my mom laugh so much all the time.

9. He has been through a lot especially his growing up years, (one example, His Dad passed away a few weeks before he turned 5) but that didn't define whom he is. He always says, it is what you make of the present and future and not what happened in the past. Do not let the past define you. He has helped me so much with this, helping my past not define who I am.

10. He loves Jesus and knows the Lord will never forsake Him, and He wants to continue to be faithful to him in his walk in life.

11. He is very generous and when God leads us to give or just me to give, Gabe is all about it because he wants to and God leads us too.

12. My mom went to heaven this past year, and he was as close to her as I was. I could of never made it through this past year without Him. He let me cry whenever I needed too, cried with me, held me, prayed with me, prayed over me, watched the boys a lot in the end when I went to help take care her. I could go on and on, on how he was their for me and our boys in this rough time.

13. Much better driver and so thankful he does most of the driving!

14. I admire him because he loves me for who I am, and that is very admirable if you know me at all.

15. Amazing unselfish lover!

Gabe is a perfect fit for me. We are night and day different but that is how we complete each other.

No comments: