Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A HEART THAT PROVIDES!

I continued to read today about the 10 marks of Motherly affection today and good scripture with it.

Although we may not get excited or you might about running your household on a schedule or cooking another meal or doing ANOTHER load of laundry, a heart filled with motherly affection does just that.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
5 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls. Prov. 31:14-15.
I wonder and many other mothers wonder why our children act up, talk back, are grumpy, and require so much discipline. For me if I do not strive hard to keep a good schedule every day and spend good one on one with my children they do act differently. They tend to get hungry for supper around 5:30pm.. well if I am doing other things and not on my game of course they are going to be grumpy and hungry. I know if i want to watch tv instead of sit with them at the table ( hello sarah,no) they will pick at each other more and want me to sit with them. Last night for example I didn't let the dumb tv rule my evening like I do sometimes and I did baths, books, and prays all on time and man was Jared and AJ happier then ever and went to bed on time with no fuse, and I got to have precious time with Gabe on the phone with no whining or needing everything in the background. Gabe noticed how happy they were as well.

Spending one on one with AJ outside

No comments: