Monday, February 15, 2010

#1 of 10 marks of Motherly Affection

From A woman after God's own heart by Elizabeth George
I am learning every day to be a better mother and all it involves. I had the best role model, my own mother to show me how to be the best mother I can strive to be daily with the help of my Lord Savior. I wanted to share ten marks of motherly affection for the next ten days starting today with # 1.
1. A Heart that Prays
A anonymous poem she shared in her book just brought such warmth and a smile to my heart and I wanted to share with you.

Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
Not blest of my ancestors-but,
I have a mother who prays.

I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me-
I have a mother who prays.

Some have worldly success
And trust in riches they've made-
This is my surest asset
I have a mother who prays.

My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But mother introduced me to Someone-
Someone who never could fail.

Oh yes..I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me-
I have a mother who prays.

-Author unknown


A sweet picture to add everyday as well. One of the many faces of my oldest, Jared.=)

No comments: