Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday




From: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

The weather in my neck of the woods:


Low of 51 today.. and a high of 84

Things that make me happy:

Finding the right colors for the new blanket I am making for my goddaughter and one for one of my best friends daughter.


Getting to go camping for the first time with my immediate family this weekend. I went a million times growing up but this was our first as a family. We had fun!


Book(s) I'm reading:
Reading from my new amplified bible.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Nothing today... I hope to not watch any of the bachelor stuff tonight.. but I might..

On the menu for dinner:

Leftovers from all the camping meals I made for this past weekend.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I made a new recipe. It was a cheese, rice, broccoli, and chicken casserole. The family liked it. I even used jasmine rice. I will make it again for sure.

On my To Do List:
Get the jeep looked at and also a oil change.
Clean, Clean, Clean.
Trip to post office

In the Craft Basket:

Started my 2 tinkerbell crocheted blankets. Love these colors!

Looking forward to this week:
Getting stuff done on my to do list. Cooking more and less computer time.

My favorite blog post this week (Mine or other):

Don't have one

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

This is the house that I grew up in San Angelo,Tx. We went camping this past weekend and we went by and saw it. It looked so different with color. I barely recognized it. We had such great memories there!

This was the backyard of the same house that I grew up in. Fun Times!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Let Go and Let God!

On My Prayer List:

My hubby's job situation. Our car situation. Being obedient to where God wants us.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

2 comments:

Feliz4life said...

How fun! I am looking forward to our first family camping trip....Hubby never has been so I'm sure it will be ultra fun

Mary said...

I love those colors you chose for the blanket! I crocheted a hat for my friend's daughter in those exact colors.

I love the house you grew up in! Looks like it has a lot of character. That's great you got to see it :)

I hope you have a great week darlin!