Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Chilly this morning.. but so beautiful this early afternoon.

Things that make me happy:
Getting to spend quality time with my lifelong friends and my MIL this past weekend.

Book I'm reading:
I was given my first Amplified Bible this past weekend. I even found a beautiful bible book cover to go along with it.


What's on my TV today:

Hopefully nothing.. too much to do.

On the menu for dinner:
not sure yet.. want to make Sandra's turkey sliders.. I have almost everything to make them.

On my To Do List:
Relax!! We had a long last few days full of lots of emotion and I just need to have a down day. I might get a few chores down, I might not. I am just being honest!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Turkey Sliders

In the craft basket:
I didn't make these but I just recently found out that my sweet MIL crochets as well.
Her pull is so nice, and we loved the gifts she made for us and gave them to us this past weekend. I love that we have this in common.



This last one is a shawl she made for me.

Looking forward to this week:
Getting things done and finishing my CEU's.

Tips and Tricks:
I finally found a product that works for my son and my hair. We both have curly hair, and his curls are even tighter then mine. This doesn't dry out our hair like mouse or gel does. It is a little costly but so worth it. My hair feels so much better, less frizzy, and moisturized. It is called Kinky Curly Custard. One of my friends told me about it.


My favorite blog post this week:
We were gone most of this past week, so I don't have one.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/
It isn't new to me, but I just love it. I don't have a little girls hair to do on a daily basis, but I have used a few for my own hair. I have also done a few on my goddaughter.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
My son had major dental surgery last week. He did well, and the pain is now under control. We are also thankful that his sensory delays have gotten better, because it is now, not a fight to brush them with his help.


Lesson learned the past few days:
Don't take life for granted.. I can't say it enough. Vacation is so needed for families. Even if they are just a few days, just getting away is so nice. It doesn't have to be anything special, just time together. My husband and I had the best time just talking while we were driving and the boys were either asleep or busy doing their own thing. We reconnected again.

On my mind:
My best friend, Alexis and her family. Praying for her daily over the loss of their sweet momma, 52. It has been over a week now. I understand the pain all too well. It is has been over a 1 1/2 since my mom went to heaven. We are thankful for no more pain from the disease, but it still sucks not having them here. I am thankful that I will see them both again one day because I know Jesus as well. I am nothing without Him.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.. Let not your heart be troubled. John 14;27

I am linked up over at http://familycorner.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your MIL's crocheting is beautiful!

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend's mom.

I hope you have a great week :)