Wednesday, July 21, 2010


We are to week #6 of the "Completing Him" Marriage Challenge and this week's challenge is: Make your husband a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!

My hubby started his new job today and it is in another city. He has been home for over a month until now. We actually did a lot of cooking together or we took turns. I tried to make a lot of his favorite dishes which made him really happy. He had seen one recipe from my collection called Baked Macaroni and Cheese. He had asked if I would try making it. I had never made homemade M&C before and always had been a little intimidated by it. I wanted to make it special for him so I tried it and it turned out pretty good. I think I cooked the noodles a little too much. I forgot to cook them al dente because you put the whole thing in the oven after wards. My hubby still loved it and was thankful I listened to something he wanted and made it.
I also tried a few different spins on our Filipino stir fry that we make a lot. I used different vegetables and sausage instead of chicken or pork. He loved that one!

I look forward to making him so more good meals when he returns in a few days.

No comments: