Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Rains, stops, winding, rains, stops, cloudy.. you know it is Texas because it can't make its mind up.

Things that make me happy:
yummy tea, decorated front living room, black and white pics of my boys, dishes washed, straight hair, job interviews, praise music, socks folded, camera lens that are fixed ( not yet), CEU's that are completed ( not yet =)), yummy lasagna, art on canvas by my SIL, haircuts, bible verses that just fit so well to each and every day, my hubby home, my boys laughter while they play on their water slide outside, etc.


Book I'm reading:
New moon.. yes I am finally getting around to finishing it and then Eclispe..
I am still reading A Woman after God's own heart.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Biggest Loser, Grey's Finale was insane

On the menu for dinner:
I cooked all weekend so we grabbed some tacos at a local place tonight

On my To Do List:
Living Room.. bathroom

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
An Organic Pizza I saw on a blog

In the craft basket:
Trying to actually decorate my house with my photography..

Looking forward to this week:
My hubby's interview on Friday and the last full week of school


Tips and Tricks:
To add some more veggies to my lasagna, I add cooked butternut squash for one of the layers and ground turkey instead of ground beef.. a trick of my hubby's actually.

My favorite blog post this week:
thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/05/happiness-photo-assignment-finalists/">
Loved all the photos that everyone submitted.. my fav is off the solders coming home to their loved ones.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
http://thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com/">
A mom's life with her quadruplets.. love her and her husband's recent commentary on the potty training..

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
I will never stop missing my mom, even though it feels like she has been gone longer then she has
to not be so afraid to decorate.. I have alot of my photography to do that with..

On my mind:
trying to finally organized my file cabinet again ...shred.. shred.. shred
deactivating my facebook.. not safe for sure!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced.
1 Chronicles 16:11-12

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Excellent post Sarah. I might try this tonight as I am feeling a little blah in the crafting dept. I hope you are having a great day and the weather is cooperating for you.