Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Heart that is Happy

#3 Mark of Motherly Affection today is

Psalm 113:9

9 He settles the barren woman in her home
as a joyful mother of children.
Praise the LORD.

Psalm 100:2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

As mothers, we are the number one influence in our Children's lives.
I pray and need to pray even more often to be happy when I am around them. When I speak more softly and listen more with a joyful heart, wow my children respond 10x better. Then same with our husbands as well. We all know yelling doesn't get us anywhere, it may feel good but really does it seem to work? No!
I saw Jared countless times listening and responding to my mother 10x better because her voice had love in it in the way she used her tone and the time she took for him with no other distractions, i.e... tv and phone for me. Jared even reminds me sometimes how much better Nana's tone worked better for him. I can even feel my mom's presence when I take the time to listen to my boys and use my correct tone of voice.
A quote in the book, I am reading is, " You create the atmosphere of the home with your attitudes."
Keep that in mind ladies.
Love you all and so blessed to call you my friends and family!

Prayer request: I am working hard to be a better homemaker now that with the Lord's help this depression is under better control. I want to take pride in my home that I am so thankful for. Being able to buy this home was a God thing! I also want my husband to know that I want him to come home to a home not chaos. Yes young boys make everything crazy but they know very well how to clean up!!

Get things down earlier and then enjoy watching AJ admire the dirt.

No comments: