Thursday, January 7, 2010

Priveledged to be a Mom!

I was so excited to be apart of a bible club with SAHM's this morning for the first time. I have been praying about wanting to find a sahm group for some time now. I want AJ to have interaction with other kids as well.
I have been there all morning and then we were invited to have peanut butter and honey sandwiches on homemade bread. Wow, like no other! I want to learn to make homemade bread and one of the mom's is going to teach us, like my grandmother would when I was little and my mom.

I just wanted to share that praise with you.

I really have been wanting to teach my boys more about Jesus lately, i do all the time but not as deep or as often as I should. We sure have talked alot about heaven lately and that this is our temporary home and heaven is our eternal home.
I continued to read my book today, Woman after God's own heart today and how perfect that I was on the chapter of A heart that values being a Mother.
Lately I have got myself complaining about having to take care of the boys by myself to myself and I have to stop and say, NO, sarah, this is a blessing, Gabe is able to provide again, Alleluia and i at home where I want to be!
I read many good verses on this today but 2 that I wanted to share are

Col. 4 :5-6 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

According to the bible my speech is to be "seasoned with salt", and this wonderful mothering verse gives me instruction, permission, responsibility, and encouragement to salt our children continually with God's wisdom.

Deuteronomy 6:5-7
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

But first I must fill my heart with his word. I realize now that i wasn't able to teach them like I wanted to because i didn't have a DAILY passion for his word everyday, not just on
Sundays.. that was my thing. I love the feeling that when i wake up that this time is my priority, and not a selective one like in the past for me.
I am privileged to be my boy's mom, and I have the awesome responsibility to be at home with them, raising them to be men of God.

I haven't blogged much lately because I have truly been trying to focus on being a better wife and mother and this crazy house since Gabe has started her job.. And first and for most my relationship with my Lord. My daily walk with Him. I have also had so great talks with Gabe since he has been working again. I love you hunny!

No comments: