Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I surrender you to Christ, Momma.



We have still be praying on where we go to church as a family. Where we fit and spiritually grow as a family. We have been attending the WILD church for a few months now and have also visited First Baptist on Easter as well. This past Sunday we returned to the Wild church and what a blessing it was. I have already served on the worship team once and loved it, even with little notice, so their wasn't a whole lot of practice.
In the early morning hours of Sunday I talked to my future sil, Melisa. She is just amazing and I love how real she is and is so wise in her years. She has the biggest heart of gold. I try not to let my mom's evil cancer get me down but that early morning it just did me in. I was able to let go while talking to her and I felt much better. I usually do just fine, as my mom would say, "I am fine, don't worry about me."
I hadn't talk to her in a few days and I just missed her voice. I don't want to call to much because I know she has good and bad days. I don't want to wake her while she is naping either. I felt like I had surrendered all of her to God this past winter, but the feeling that were stirring in me on Sunday morning at Church proved wrong.
I was a big blob of mess on Sunday. I just couldn't stop crying during praise and worship. I haven't done that in a long time. It was such a great service. My sweet hubby just loved on me and comforted me. A verse from Sunday just really lifted my spirits and the Holy Spirit tends to be so good at that when you let him.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal 2:20

I just cried. Let go and Let God!! I went up to the altar towards the end of the service when asked for prayers and continued to cry and ask God to help me once and for all, to surrender all of my momma to Him. She is His daughter and he has her safe in His Holy plan for her life. My good friend, Deb who helps lead the worship came down and just prayed with me and confirmed what I needed to do is surrender all! At the end of the service, Ms Deb gave me a few lilies from the altar so I took a few pictures of them.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. "I will be found by you," declared the Lord. Jeremiah 29: 11-14a

1 comment:

Deanna B. said...

Precious Sarah, the pics of your boys in the bluebonnets are exceptional. No more "baby face" in AJ. Really looking older. God's gift to have sons to play, fight and love together. Relax and enjoy them as much as you can. And the pic of your darling Momma with her tongue sticking out. Always some humor! Jesus wipes away our tears and when we go to Heaven, there will be no more tears. Can't imagine that I will greet God without tears of joy. Love and big hugs to all. Deanna