Saturday, February 16, 2008

Jesus I need you!!

I have been so down lately and I know that I have just let myself go. I have kinda given up on being a good homemaker..and I struggle everyday as a mom. I know that being both of those are the hardest jobs in the world. My husband gives his all everyday at work to provide for our family. I felt that I have let him down and God for not being the women he wants me to be. I have allowed my priorities to fall and be lazy...that is what is comes down to.
So today it is all going to change.... Jesus said.. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
I know that I am a loved ..unconditionally loved daughter of Christ.

I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. John 15 11-12


I had taken for granted how blessed I am to not only be apart of the kingdom of heaven but again a loved daughter of my heavenly Father.

Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me. John 15 1-3

I have tried time and time again to do things on my own and not connected to the vine of Christ. I sometimes connect and then wander again.
Of course I am going to feel down because I am trying ( and failing) to live for myself , honestly, and not for HIM.
I went to a bible study this past week and a special friend of mine there said... that she prays, God show me the TRUTH about myself. That might be a hard one for you but honestly it is very much needed.
Truth:
1. Stop living only for my family but for Jesus!! Whole heartly
2. Stop dwelling on the past and live for the present... afterall it is called the present because it is a GIFT from the Lord.
3. Continue to pray for my unbelievers and stop being quiet and witness... telling how wonderful life is with Him and not without Him.
4. Be dedicated to spend time in his word everyday.. starting at even a 5 minute convo with Him.. and more as time goes on. He deserves our time....
5. I may feel like I can't make it through a day with 2 small children sucking all my strength... but I have to remember.. how blessed am I to be able to be home with them.. full time... so many mothers only dream that they could do that.. being a single mom with Jared.. I realized how much I missed..and treasure that every day with my lil one AJ.. and making new memories with Jared..

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains. Psalms 121:1-2

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hang in there, Sis. We'll get through it together. Love you!

Deanna B. said...

We're up, we're down. We're women!! God reaches us deeply and we learn the most when we're down. It's OK not to be the "perfect" Mom/Wife every day. Jesus did it for us!! Put your arms around yourself and give yourself a big hug -- that's what God is doing (me too). Love you too!!