Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One loving lady, Leda


One of our own went home to her heavenly father over a week ago. Her name was Leda Delung and I loved her so!!!! Dick (her husband) and her were just amazing to our whole community. Leda was forever fundraising for the community for so many causes. Her love for the Lord was so evident. When I first moved to Plainview she was one of the first ones to take me under her wing. She even opened up her store and let me shop for some maternity clothes. That is one thing I hate doing is shopping..but with Leda.. I laughed and laughed until I had tears in my eyes. She was a lady of many schedules and lied awake a night wondering if she had accomplished everything. Their will be no more schedules in heaven. She had breast cancer a little before my mom back in 1999.. and then it came back about 1 year ago and then to bone cancer after that. So of course it hits home like no other. I just loved her so much. She was always full of life and treated me like a daughter of hers. I will miss you Leda so much girlfriend...

1 comment:

Deanna B. said...

God truly blessed you, Sarah, with the chance to know Leda and now she will watch over you from Heaven. Didn't know we have another thing in common. I don't like shopping either!! Love you, Deanna