Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:

So weird, hot then cold, then windy, then warm, then cold, then dusty. Texas weather has had quite the attitude lately!

Things that make me happy:

Keeping up with my dishes and finally seeing an end to the tunnel on my mountain of laundry.

Book I'm reading:

My bible -amplified.
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst



What's on my TV today:
Dancing with the Stars

On the menu for dinner:

Made Grilled Chicken with Pesto Pasta for lunch so probably something lighter for dinner.


On my To Do List:

Keep Kitchen clean =)
Finish Mt. Laundry or attempt too.
Make Cookies for Boys
Seriously a Shower! =)

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
We love Pesto at this house, my sweet friend Steff introduced me too it and how to make it as well. I love using pesto from the jar, from Sams. My hubby decided to put a spoonful of it in our tomato soup on Sunday. Our tradition after church is grilled cheese and tomato soup lately. The little bit of pesto took it to a whole other level. Yummy!

In the craft basket:

I just finished this baby girl blanket for a friend in Colorado. I love the new yarn brand that I found. It is called I love this yarn. The main color is called sweet mocha ombre. It is so soft unlike red heart yarn. I used a pink for the border of another brand. I think it came out nice!


Looking forward to this week:

Knowing if my husband or I have a new job or not. It is in Gods hands and we have peace knowing it is in His hands.


Tips and Tricks:I have been riding my bike/stroller to take my boys to and from school everyday. It is such a great workout and I save gas big time.


Thankfully I live in a small town and the weather has cooperated for the most part.

My favorite blog post this week: don't have one =( Haven't read any lately.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


My dad and his grandson, my son, Jared. They are buds!

We celebrated both our boys birthdays this past weekend.

Lesson learned the past few days:
God is in control and we are not. AKA My husband kinda totaled our only car, He is okay..thank goodness, and He was laid off from his job.

On my mind:
job situation and getting this house organized

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
John 16:24e

I love this verse, Sandra. It was the one I needed to read.

No comments: