Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Homemaker "Tuesday"


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Little chilly but the sun is out!

Things that make me happy:
Getting to spend extra unexpected time with my hubby.

Book I'm reading:
Finishing Choosing to See and have a few others that I want to start.

What's on my TV today:
Brothers and Sisters

On the menu for dinner:
not sure yet

On my To Do List:
Sweep and Mop the floors
Finish the laundry
Change bed linens
** My list is the same Sandra**


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

I wanted to make a healthier chili with less of a tomato base to it. I gave it a whirl last night and it was so delicious in a more healthy way. I just made up the recipe and tasted as I went. I am trying to do that more these days, I used to cook and never try what I was making while I was doing it.

In the craft basket:
I finished the baby blanket I was making. Now I am going to start a new baby blanket and a few baby beanies.

Looking forward to this week:
Being more productive and praying my sons recurring headaches go away!

Tips and Tricks:
When I wash all the glasses/silverware I don't put them all back up in the cabinet I put some away and only leave out what is needed. I don't have a dishwasher and washing everything by hand takes for ever. I know the less I have available the less to wash and dishes are done more often without fuss from me.

My favorite blog post this week:
http://www.profoundlyseth.com/2011/01/fool-me-once.html
El over at Profoundly Seth was able to share her heart once again with honesty and grace and Gods honors that for sure!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

I have been exercising more now and have really been watching what I have been eating AND drinking. It is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I found this blog link from Women Living Well. It is called Peak313 Fitness. I love how she incorporates your spiritual health with your physical health.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:

You have walk the walk not just talk the talk.

On my mind:
Thankful for making more time to pray with my husband more often.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments: