Thursday, November 5, 2009

Letter to my mom

August 12, 2009

It is about 4:40 am and I am sitting with you momma. I put some oxygen on you because you were breathing so fast. You opened your eyes alittle bit, but keep on sleeping. I got here yesterday to see you and be here for daddy. I am happy to be here beside you wishing you could talk to me. I am praying for your comfort and peace momma. I pray for no more pain and Jesus will take you soon. I was so happy to be here with dad last night. He told me more about ya'lls vacation and what a precious gift that was from God. I watched some of the video and loved seeing you enjoy the hummingbirds feed on the red feeder. You were so content just watching them and enjoying God's nature. I laid in bed with you yesterday and you knew who I was. I loved on you and told you I loved you and you told me you loved me. Dad told me you want Great is Thy Faithfulness, How Great thou Art, and Crown Him with many crowns played at the funeral. Dad said you said you loved many hymns and you have always sang them so beautifully like a heavenly angel. I love you Mom! I will miss you dearly! Jared knows so well I believe in his heart that Jesus will make you feel better and will take care of you when you go to heaven. Our last good talk was last week on Weds. I assured you that Gabe and I will be just fine with this whole job thing and the Lord is sure taking care of us. I told you I keep encouaging Gabe and I am his #1 fan. I told you about Aj's potty training. You told me to make sure his "brown bootie" is covered, and don't let him streak through the front yard. You ended the convo with "God Bless, I love you Sarah Renee."

( wanted to have a typed version of this letter that remains at my dad's house, he has read it over 50 times and says it is conforting to him)

No comments: