Monday, June 8, 2009


Thanks sandra at diary of a stay at home mom for hosting

The weather in my neck of the woods: Not bad.. we enjoyed the nice hot weather at the splash pad today..

One of my simple pleasures: being home with my babies!

On my bedside table: I am apart of Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory team.. and I have started alittle late in the year but I am wanting to learn as much scripture as I can.. love when I can lean on wonderful scripture and not lean on myself.
I am working on Jeremiah 29:11-14a right now. You thought verse 11 was awesome try 12-14.


On my TV: nothing much.. we have decided to stay strong and not get any cable as of right now. We need to focus on a million other things. The boys still watch their dvds daily for their quiet time.

On the menu for tonight: Filipino adobo chicken with rice and mixed vegetables.

On my To Do List: finish mowing backyard and weed eat, wash dishes, start dinner, and pack for vacation.

New Recipe I tried last week: yummy boneless ribs in the crock pot. My hubby made up with a simple marinade/topping
1 can of tomatoes with sweet onions
2 Tsp of olive oil
sprinkle of tony saturen
1-2 tsp or so of ground ginger
1 can of hominy
1 Tsp of Worcester sauce

Pour that on top of the boneless ribs and slow cook for 4-6 hrs. Yummy!!!!!!

In the craft basket: finished my twins crocheted blankets. I am going to work on my other two blankets while we are traveling for vacation.

Looking forward to: Vacation!! We are going to hang at my m&d's for a night then spend a week in the mountains with our friends from when we lived in Colorado. Exciting.. crazy thing they got snow yesterday.

Homemaking Tip for this week: try making homemade brownies from unsweetened choc bars from the recipe on the back.. ten times better then the box brownies. That is big for me..haha.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Cayley Dudley A sweet lady that writes children's names in the sand that are in heaven now. Check it out, it is tearful but been so helpful to 1000's of families.

Favorite photo from last week: Having fun in the little pool in the backyard, that we are so happy to have after buying out first home.



Lesson learned the past few days: the fridge is on the fritz ...so we are trying to get it fixed.. didn't realize how convenient the fridge is until you have to keep getting ice for the cooler to keep the few things you haven't cooked already cool.

On my Prayer List: traveling for vacation, along with my whole extended family traveling, The Kelm family after losing their 27 yr old son a few weeks ago, getting this new house together and attempting to start painting. Praises for my mom having a great week last week, Dad said it was one of her best weeks in a long time ( from her evil cancer).

No comments: