Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mothers day coming up..

On one of my friends blogs, her friend Julie is doing a Mother's Day contest. To enter you leave a comment on what is it to you to be a mom. This is what I wrote.

Hi Julie, I found your blog through my closest friend Sarah. I am a SAHM of 2 lil monkies and even when days are crazy and they are forever under my feet while I am attempting to clean anything, i wouldn't change it for anything. I enjoy getting to always be their to cuddle with them everyday when they wake up from their naps. Cuddling with my 2 year old is a must or he will not want to be put down. I have been trying to read a new bible story to them every night and lately when we have read the Easter story quite a few times, Jared tells me what happen during this wonderful season. He told me today as he was looking at some pictures he colored from Sunday school. "they ate supper (last supper), Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and then he "roasted" from the grave. I tried not to laugh to hard and gently reminded him that he "rose" from the grave. I was a single mom with Jared when he was a baby and now after being married for 3 years now and another wonderful son I am blessed to be here for all those fun moments even if I am tired and have boogers on my shirt.
This mothers day is especially a Big one for our whole family. My mother is battling breast cancer again but it is in her bones now. She has bad days and good days. I hope to spend it with her, never taking any day, holiday for granted. She has taught me so much about how it is to be a mother and continues too.

No comments: